Is your old traditional water heater causing trouble for you? Then there is a high probability that by now you might have been wondering about tankless water heater installation at your home in Laguna Beach CA as a majority of people are opting for the newer option.
However, as we completely understand that making the choice is not easy since you are going to move towards a more advanced water heater for the first time for your home, here are a few advantages and disadvantages that will help you get through the decision making process.
What Are Tankless Water Heaters?
To be precise, tankless water heaters heat water without the need for storing water in a tank. It has a flow sensing device that activates heating as soon as someone opens the hot water tap. Water Heater Installation Rancho Santa Margarita CA says that heater works with a gas burner or electric element which then directs the water wherever one is trying to use in the house. Furthermore, as soon as the person closes the tap, the unit automatically senses that no more hot water is required and then eventually shuts down the burner.
- Tankless water heaters are smaller in size, can be mounted on any wall, and don’t take a floor size especially in houses where square footage is the demand.
- You will see a drastic difference in your energy costs. In fact, this has also been stated by the U.S Department of Energy that while heating the water for people living in a home can account for 30% of the total energy bills, the tankless water heater can save up to 50% of the same cost for you. The average annual savings come out to be $80.
- The best advantage according to us is that tankless Water Heaters are extremely durable and they hardly fail. If one compares their life span with conventional water heaters, then tankless can remain perfectly workable for almost 20 years or more.
- Tankless Water Heaters are generally more expensive and can cost around $1000 to $1200 when compared to the traditional electric heaters which you can buy for around $500 to $700. Apart from the cost of buying, installing a tankless water heater can also charge you around $1700 as this involves several modifications including relocations of piping, installation of the safe vent to prevent carbon monoxide from accumulating inside the home and much more. Main Line Repair Rancho Santa Margarita CA So, if saving up on energy costs is what you are aiming for with tankless water heaters, expanses will still rise up in one way or even during Tankless Water Heater Replacement in Laguna Beach CA
- If there is a power outage for a longer period of time then the tankless water heater will become absolutely useless. There is no tank involved to store hot water and hence you’re on your own then.
- Tankless units are much more complicated and there are also chances that something can quickly go wrong with the intricate technology involved.
Salman Zafar is an acclaimed blogger, editor, publisher and digital marketer. He is the founder of Blogging Hub, a digital publishing portal with wide following across the world.