In today’s advanced world, everything is required at ease and in a simplified manner, and for all kinds of accounting functions of an organization, accounting software such as QuickBooks is used. This software comes with various benefits that make it easy for many users to do their business seamlessly and quickly. Although, QuickBooks is available in different versions and can be easily accessed offline as well as online, depending on the version you are using. But the only con of this mentioned software is that it is prone to errors that come up during installation, up-gradation, or reinstallation. This can be easily solved by this software.
Some of the QuickBooks errors are so frustrating and irritating that users become unable to operate them. This may also cause the loss of company files and momentous business information. In this article, we are going to discuss all QuickBooks errors and why this error occurs.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
QuickBooks error 3371 usually occurs when a user reconfigures the desktop computer or activates QB for the very first time. Also, this error can occur due to missing or damaged company files. QB error includes QuickBooks error code 6000, error – 6000 -83 code. QB code -6000 -82, QB -6130 -0, and many more. Among all, error 3371 is a particular error to QB enterprise, and when it occurs, it shows “could not initialize license properties “.
When you open QuickBooks desktop, you will see these kinds of messages.
- Could not initialize licensure properties. Error 3371.
- Couldn’t initialize licensure properties ( error 3371, status code -11118).
Why does QuickBooks Error Code Occur?
It is compulsory o have license information saved on your hard drive. In any case, if that information, file, or license data gets damaged, corrupted, or missing, then you can use QB error code 3371. This also happens in the process of cloning data on the c:/ drive to another hard disk. In such cases, it becomes mandatory to retype your license information to get the issue solved easily.
There are various reasons for this error to occur and those can be solved with proper guidance. The reasons are mentioned below.
- For the QB desktop, the components or files required to run are either damaged or missing.
- Due to QBregestration.dat
This information file mainly contains your license information. The software search for this particular file, every time it is activated. In any chance, if the file is not working properly or is damaged, then the QB desktop will not open.
- For damaged MSXML Component
This is an important component that is provided by Microsoft. It is important for the QB desktop to run on your system. The particular components help the QB desktop to retrieve the information in the QBregistration.dat file allowing QB to open. If it’s get damaged, it can cause difficulties in accessing this accounting software.
- Interruption of Anti Virus
The outdated Windows OS or an anti-virus program that quarantines some QB desktop files.
- Correct Network and QuickBooks Enterprise with Webconnect Users
The QB users can also experience this issue if they are opening the company file without saving it first. You need to first save the file before importing the .QBO file.
Important Points that You Should Take Note of
- If your latest Windows updates are not installed in your system, then the QB installation process can fail or get damaged. You need to ensure that the latest version is up to date.
- Even after following the solution if you still face the same error, then you are required to work with a professional or you can contact the Microsoft support service for any query.
Steps to Troubleshoot Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Following are the latest solutions methods to resolve the QB error code 3371.
Step 1. Update your Windows OS
If the latest Windows is not installed, then the QB desktop installation can fail or become damaged. Make sure the Windows is up to date.
These are steps you need to follow for the Windows update.
- Click on the Windows logo.
- Choose all programs and click on the Windows update option.
- After the installation is done, just click on the install QuickBooks.
Step 2. Delete the ECML file and then Rename the Entitlement File
These points usually arise, when a user will open your company file in QB accounting software and this will fail to open and resolve when attempting by doing repair or installation gets failed due to improper method.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key + R key to run the file. It will open a Run window.
- Now type or copy C:/ ProgramData/ Instuit/ Entitlement client/v8 and then enter it there.
- Hit on the Ok button. Then, it will open Windows Explorer at that location.
- Now you can easily locate the ECML file, now give a right-click on it and choosing the delete option to resolve the error 3371.
- Then close this Window and try to re-run your QB software.
- You will be asked to register the product again if failed to do
Step 3. Install the latest Windows Updates
If the problem still comes up after following the above steps then you need to perform these steps as well.
- First, install the Windows latest version and then click on the start key button.
- Select all programs and then update your window.
- Hit on the update option and click to check it later updates.
- After a successful updation, you need to reinstall your QB once again.
Step 4. Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and Use Quick Fix my Program
- First, close the QB desktop.
- And now download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system.
- The next step is to choose the Quick Fix my Program option.
- Followed by choosing the installation issues and looking for the error 3371 o fix the error.
- Once it has been done, click on the OK tab.
- In the last, open the QB and then open the data file.
Step 5. Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool From Tool Hub Program
- Open the tool hub program on your computer.
- After that navigate to the install issues and select QB install the diagnostic tool and run it.
- Now wait for a few minutes
- Once it is done now reboot your computer.
Step 6. Manually Resolve This Error
- Recreate the damaged file and resolve the license
- Now fix the Microsoft.NET framework, MSXML, by using the QB Install diagnostic tool.
- Now reinstall
- Run reboot. file
- Now update your QB to the latest version.
We hope the above steps are beneficial for you and now you can successfully resolve the QuickBooks error code. All details related to this particular error have been mentioned above with proper step-by-step procedure. Read the whole article for a better understanding and will save your time as well. All the solutions are described in the above article with proper pointers.
Salman Zafar is an acclaimed blogger, editor, publisher and digital marketer. He is the founder of Blogging Hub, a digital publishing portal with wide following across the world.