In this growing digital world the digital technology has changed drastically, and has become too common now. The majority of business now works through the means of digital marketing. The way to approach the Ad campaigns have been changed by the ad agencies keeping in mind the change that has occurred in the online world.
But there is a matter of fact that it is not the big business companies or houses that are most benefited by the small ones; the digital marketing has helped small businesses very much. They are helping the new and the small business houses to create brand awareness, impact as well as drive customers by the help of the tools of digital marketing. Read on to know why do small businesses need a digital marketing agency
Before going to that point let us see first how digital marketing has been successful in creating an impact on people’s interactions, habits and lifestyles too.
- The number of people getting online or accessing the internet is increasing day by day and almost half of the world’s population is on some or the other social media platform.
- About 93% of the website traffic is derived from the search engine drives.
- Due to the availability of products on the internet, the majority of people first browse about the product they wish to buy before purchasing it from a store or any other place.
- The people get inclined towards a certain brand if its name appears again and again on their search which makes them curious about the product as well as the brand.
- All these factors clearly show us the increasing impact of digital marketing on the lives of people as well as on the small business houses too.
Different Methods of Digital Marketing
1. Pay per click (PPC)
Pay per click is all about paid marketing, did you notice? When you search something on Google and in top results there is a mark on “ad” it means the company has paid to Google to show their ads on top results. The company has to pay some amount depending on the keyword on per click. It is the best technique to take your business on the first page of Google but it needs proper knowledge and experience otherwise you’ll spend your money on nothing.
2. Search engine optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization is a technique where you are not paying Google anything to rank your website. But it’s not simple as there are billions of websites so ranking on the first page of Google without doing anything it’s not possible. Here is an example: “PPC is like a grocery shop if you want an apple you can go and buy it but SEO is like a tree you have to grow it takes time and energy but when the tree is ready you can have as many apples you want”. If you want to build your brand go for SEO services the company will do SEO to grow your website.
3. Content marketing
Content marketing is a strategy which companies follow to market their business by creating shareable content and videos to attract users to visit their website. This marketing strategy is followed by those who want to create brand awareness because no one will buy your product or services if they don’t find value.
4. Social media marketing (SMM)
As per the research of “statista” users are spending 145 minutes a day on average on social media. Most of the businesses are coming on social media and market their products and services. The reason you should market your business on social media is:
- Reach: Social media works on worldwide level so if you do marketing on social media then you can show your ads in every country
- Target Audience: In social media you can target your audience select by their sex, age, relationship status, location, likes and dislikes and much more. If your products are women based so you can show your ads for only women.
- Brand Awareness: If you have started your business then nobody knows about your brand so first you have to show your business specialties products to the customers. In social media it is easy to attract visitors by showing the posts what they like. Social media is the best way of brand awareness and attracting visitors.
5. Affiliate marketing
This strategy is followed by every big company for example: Amazon has their affiliate program. If someone buys a product from amazon by your given link then you will get commission for that. If you want to market your product fast then start an affiliate program on your website and people will share your product link in exchange of commission.
6. Email marketing
Email marketing is a strategy you can follow to market your product directly to customers’ email. For that, companies start a program and you have to login before seeing website content so they get your email and start sending you emails about their product launching or offer. You can also do email marketing to showcase your products to customer’s email.
Now that we are aware about the work digital marketing does, let’s move to the reasons why one should opt for a digital marketing strategy for small businesses.
Importance of digital marketing for small businesses
- It provides equal opportunities to every business to flourish be it small or big. The small business can come to the level of the big business companies by the help of digital marketing by using it to engage different clients on different online platforms.
- The best part about this digital marketing is that it does not need a huge amount of money; it is the most cost effective form of marketing. This is why it has become the ray of hope for the small business and could play an important part in their growth.
- As successful digital marketing strategy provides the users the higher conversion rates result of which is the increase in revenue. Once the conversion rate has increased the revenue will increase automatically and all this could happen because of the help of digital marketing.
- Digital marketing is a way which is now preferred over the traditional marketing techniques as it helps the users to identify which is the right audience for them to target so that they could easily sell their products and increase their income. The users for this can opt for the Battersea web expert for affordable digital marketing services.
- Use of the Mobile phones are very much included in the digital marketing as the majority of people use mobile phones these days and companies hence are able to make their websites responsive to the mobile phones so that people can access it easily so that more and more users are influenced by it and they want to buy your product.
- Digital marketing will help the users to attract more customers which will help their business to grow and once more and more people start to recognize your brand and when it happens the reputation of the brand or the company also increases. This will help the users to win the trust of the customers so that they will support your business and your project.
Salman Zafar is an acclaimed blogger, editor, publisher and digital marketer. He is the founder of Blogging Hub, a digital publishing portal with wide following across the world.
2 thoughts on “Why Do Small Businesses Need A Digital Marketing Agency?”